Hello,
Well here it is November 1st. Halloween is over and now it's only between 3-4 weeks before Thanksgiving. Halloween at my house almost was a bust. My son would not take a nap for anything before it was time to head out for the evening. On the way to a friend's house to trick or treat and then hand out candy he decided to take a nap in the car. Which was all good except when I had to wake him up he was not happy and with that he refused to put on his costume. Thank goodness we got where we were going early and he warmed up, woke up and then was ready to put his costume on right before we all started walking down the sidewalk. He didn't have any desire to be put on the dragon costume but I had brought a Mickey Mouse costume for a back up. He decided he would dress up as Mickey. Before that I thought he was just going to have to trick or treat in his orange jack-o-lantern shirt. Hopefully next year he'll like to dress up a little bit more.
Thanks,
Jennifer Bruce
I remember those days like it was yesterday. I could hold out for so long without taking a nap but once I got in the car I would be out, and yes I was usually crabby when they woke me. I like an afternoon nap a little more these days though.
ReplyDeleteI saw a shirt the other day online that read: "Dear Naps, I am sorry I was a jerk to you as a kid." OMG I love my naps!! My daughter has done that to me several times. It really is frustrating!
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I remember those days of struggling to keep them up and have them konk out on you when you didn’t want them to...Good times! You were smart to have two costumes!
ReplyDelete