Hello,
I ran across this article on MSN today and found it interesting. The article is explains how studies show that Americans used to get happier in their 30's but not anymore. It says teens are happier. Let me say this, of course teens are happier than people in their 30's! Little to no responsibility other than being a teen and going to school. I guess when you get to your 30's most people are probably out of their parents house and living independently. That could make someone happier depending on their home situation with their parents. On the down fall though, you have bills - electric, rent, gas, food, etc.
The article lists one of the reasons is because of marriage and a stable relationship. I always hear that people are waiting longer to get married or start families so maybe that's why.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/americans-used-to-get-happier-in-their-thirties-not-any-more/ar-CC6hqb?li=BBgzzfc&ocid=U146DHP
What do you think?
Thanks,
Jennifer Bruce
After reading the article I can say that I was happier in my 30's but it happiness also declined as well. I had more responsibilities and time were pretty hard. I was single with a house (full of needs) and I was pretty stressed out in my late 30's. I was happier than when I was a teenager because I grew up in a very strict household with few favorable rules. Most surveys are not accurate. We need to gauge through our own eyes.
ReplyDelete