Hello,
This week I didn't know what to blog about so I started searching MSN's website for ideas. I was going to blog about the Oregon shooting but it's just too sad and depressing. I continued my search and came across an article about a retiring police officer in Tuscaloosa, AL. What I found so interesting is after 35 years of being a police officer he never used one sick day over his career. The article starts out by saying how he learned something from his parents and that was to get up and get going on whatever he had to do every day. You can tell with is work ethic he is in a different generation than those in the workforce today. Now days it's ridiculous to see how many people call in sick. If you are truly sick then I agree with calling in because you don't want to spread it and get everyone else sick however so many times people are calling off work out of pure laziness. I wish more people today had a work ethic like this retiree.
Thanks,
Jennifer Bruce
I do agree with everything you have said. I think to myself every morning what is to be done today. If I get it done sooner than later then I wont have it hanging over my head all day
ReplyDelete